Sequel to our earlier communiqué on precautionary measures against the spread of the COVID-19 and His Excellency the President of the Republic of Ghana’s televised broadcast on March 15, 2020 ordering the closure of all schools including universities as part of drastic measures to curtail the spread of COVID-
19, Management hereby updates the University Community and the general public as follows;
1. In compliance with the above order, Management hereby announces, with immediate effect, the closure of the University to any academic and social activity or gathering.
2. Consequently, students are to vacate the University and students halls of residence by close of today Monday 16th March, 2020 and are to keep away from campus, until they are asked to return.All students on attachment outside the University are advised to return home with immediate effect.
3. While all teaching and learning activities on campus have been suspended until further notice, students and lecturers are advised to resort to e-learning tools and methods. Consequently, University Management is taking steps to roll out the platform for the e-learning.
4. Essential staff needed at post are strongly advised to strictly comply with all the COVID-19 prevention protocols. The situation with respect to staff at post shall be reviewed regularly.
5. There shall be no renting of University assets to anybody for use for any programme.
6. Corporate representations at social gatherings; including weddings, funerals etc. are suspended until further notice.
7. Members of the university community are advised to take the necessary precautionary measures outlined in University and other notices and protocols as established by the Ministry of Health.
8. A revised academic calendar shall be communicated to the University community in due course.
9. The University community should contact the University Clinic and Health & Safety Committee
Chair on 0243035168 and 0244931258 for enquiries and assistance.
10. For all media enquiries contact the Public Affairs Directorate (Administration Block, Room 209) or on 0543264917 (WhatsApp and call)/ 0548032968.